Welcome to Dawlish Chamber of Trade and Commerce
Make connections with other businesses which may be mutually beneficial
Make your voice heard within the local community and Contribute your ideas
Be informed through our Facebook page and regular email updates
About Dawlish Chamber of Trade and Commerce
Firstly, we welcome anyone who has their own business in the Dawlish area, including the industrial estate at Shutterton.
The elected committee aims to act as a voice for local businesses through regularly attending relevant council meetings and inviting councillors to our own meetings. We raise awareness amongst Dawlish Town and Teignbridge District Councillors of issues that affect businesses and may have consequences for the overall prosperity of the town.
The Chamber is a not-for-profit organisation and all proceeds go towards resources for members or to support the community within Dawlish.
Great reasons to join:
- Make connections with other businesses which may be mutually beneficial
- Make your voice heard within the local community
- Be informed through our Facebook page and regular email updates. (We are also launching our own website very soon.)
- Make friends through attendance at our meetings and occasional social gatherings
- Contribute your ideas for the development of Dawlish
- Raise the public profile of your business through being part of regular Town Trails and Window Competitions
- The membership fees are currently only £20 p.a. representing excellent value for money
- Through your membership fees we are able to contribute to funding the post of ‘Town Centre Development Manager’ for Dawlish and Teignmouth.
Tracy Scranage is the current post holder and works tirelessly to promote the town.
She is currently working to support the town through:
- Love Your Town Centre and other time sensitive promotions
- Providing help and advice to both new and existing traders
- Lobbying councillors
- Maintaining the ‘Love Dawlish’ website
- Producing a town shopping map which is updated annually
- Producing a town events guide
- Acting as an administrator for Facebook pages and Community screens
- Liaising regularly with the Chamber committee members and reporting progress
Vanessa Ryley (Chairman)